For most of the recipes that I have made, I used cannabis butter (cannabutter). However, some recipes that I have come across call for cannabis oil, such as cannabis-infused olive oil.
Some people that I know do not want to, or can’t, consume dairy products and instead prefer a vegetable oil. Whatever the reason for the need, knowing how to make cannabis-infused olive oil is a really good idea.
It’s one of the easiest recipes to make – easier to make than cannabutter in my opinion. I have found that it takes less time to prepare compared to cannabutter, and it stinks up my house less.
Be aware that the more potent the flower that you use, the more potent the oil will be. Conversely, the less potent the flower that you use, the less potent the oil will be. Below is the recipe that I use.
6 cups of olive oil
1 ounce of decarboxylated (decarbed), ground up cannabis flower
1. Put the olive oil into a pan and slowly heat it over low heat.
2. Slowly mix in the decarbed, ground up cannabis.
3. Without letting the mixture come to a full boil, keep it on the heat source for 3 hours, stirring every 15-30 minutes.
4. Pour the oil through a cheese cloth or fine strainer into a large glass bowl.
5. Let the mixture sit until it’s cooled off (warm to the touch, but not super hot).
6. Transfer the cannabis-infused olive oil into a glass jar with a tight lid and store it in a cool, dark place.