There are so many ice cream flavors today that manufacturers can barely surprise us with some new combination
This time the intriguing new dessert is weed ice cream. It’s been gaining popularity in the past few years, ever since more experimental chefs started exploring how terpenes and cannabinoids affect different combinations of food.
Let’s dive right in and see what ingredients you’ll need in order to prepare this amazing dessert.
What ingredients do I need?
Here goes the list:
- 2 to 2.5 grams of marijuana (the quantity depends on the strain, but you can add 2.5 grams just to be safe)
- 500 ml of cooking cream
- Two tablespoons of olive oil (you can also use butter if you want)
- 75 grams of sugar or alternative sweetener like stevia
- Two ripe bananas
- Five tablespoons of honey
- Two tablespoons of rum
- A pinch of salt
These are just the basic ingredients but you can also add some additional ones if you want your ice cream to be richer.
Now that you have all the ingredients, let’s start cooking.
4 easy steps to a perfect weed ice cream
Here’s what you need to do:
- Make sure you have a functional dish (e.g. casserole dish) first. Add the cream into the dish and heat it on medium fire. Stir the cream slowly with a wooden spoon. Once an ideal temperature is reached (time can vary from one strain to another), add salt, sugar, and butter.
- Mix them up and stir constantly until you see that all of them are melted. Now, break the cannabis plant manually or with a grinder. Once you do that, you need to decarb your weed (more on that in a separate section below) and then add it to the dough.
- You’ll need a separate plate now, or a bowl. Slice the bananas into pieces and then crush them with a fork. Once you’re done, add them into the mixture along with honey and rum. Now that all ingredients are in, whisk them all together. Wait for the creamy texture to form before you proceed to the final step.
- Turn off the heater, and once the texture cools down, put the mixture into the freezer. That’s literally everything you needed to do, and now you just have to wait. Make sure the dough stays inside the freezer for at least four hours before you start eating.
Congratulations! Your weed ice cream is now ready to be devoured.
As you can see, the whole procedure is very simple. Once you know what you are doing, it’s a piece of… ice cream.
One more thing…
I mentioned you need to decarb your weed. Do you know decarboxylation is? Basically, it’s a process of turning the non-psychoactive THCA in raw weed into the psychoactive THC, which is usually achieved using heat, or in other words, by baking weed.
If instead of decarbed weed you put raw cannabis herb into your ice-cream, you will still get a tasty treat, but all the anticipated effects of this unique dessert will be lost.
So, before you add weed to your dough, make sure you keep the cannabis buds in the oven for at least 30 minutes.
Read the full article at GREENCAMP