https://www.treehouselifestylesupplies.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/cbd-4349287_1280.jpg 532 800 Treehouse Staff https://treehouselifestylesupplies.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/treehouse-logo-leaf.jpg Treehouse Staff2020-03-16 15:00:582020-03-10 18:02:08RECIPE FOR CBD PAIN RELIEF TINCTURE
RECIPE FOR CBD PAIN RELIEF TINCTURE
Taking cannabis achieved 50% or greater pain relief
According to Dr. Joseph Maroon, a professor at University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, CBD’s anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties can help with pain conditions that might otherwise be treated with OTC drugs.
- Spice grinder
- 3 wide mouth canning jars with tight fitting lids
- Fine mesh strainer or cheese cloth
- Optional: coffee filter or paper funnel
- 1 or 2 ounce amber glass bottles
- 1/4 to 1/2 ounce CBD-rich flowers from (cannabis or hemp) raw or decarboxylated
- 1/4 ounce dried ginger
- 1/4 ounce turmeric powder
- 1/4 ounce dried boswellia
- 1/4 ounce dried white willow bark
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- Grind the herbs.
- Place all plant matter in a wide-mouth pint or quart jar.
- For the slow alcohol tincture method: Place jar in a dark, dry place and shake every 2-3 days, adding more alcohol as needed to cover the herbs over a 4 to 6 weeks period.
- For the fast alcohol tincture method: Heat a deep pot filled with water to 170°C. Place the cannabis/alcohol jar in the pot and allow to heat for 30 minutes to an hour, keeping the temperature stable. Remove from the pot and let cool for at least an hour.
- For the glycerine tincture method: Place a washcloth or folded towel in the bottom of a crockpot and fill halfway with warm water. Put sealed jar of glycerine and herbs in the crock pot, place the lid on top if it still fits (otherwise drape a kitchen towel over it) and set to warm for 24 hours. Shake occasionally to disperse ingredients. Use a pot-holder to take the jar from the crockpot and allow to cool for at least an hour (see finishing, below).
- To finish the tincture base: Place a fine sieve or several layers of cheesecloth secured with a rubber band over a clean bowl and strain out plant material. With clean hands twist the cheesecloth and squeeze remaining liquid from the herbs. If more clarity is needed, cover and allow to settle overnight and then strain again through a coffee filter.
- Use funnel to decant into small one-ounce or two-ounce bottles.
- Label, date and store in a cool, dark place
Read the full article at ProjectCBD
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!