Cauliflower Hemp Alfredo- just 10 ingredients and 30 minutes for a healthy alfredo sauce that’s packed full of vitamins and protein. Dairy-free and nut-free!
I figured after all of those green recipes last week, we could use a little comfort food. Healthy comfort food, of course. As the words cauliflower and hemp would imply.
I know a lot of people think of marijuana when they hear the word hemp. That is not what’s in this alfredo sauce. I repeat, it will not get you high. Sorry to disappoint. ;)
It’s made with hulled hemp seeds, or hemp hearts, which offer significant health benefits including anti-inflammatory properties thanks to Omega-3 fatty acids. They also happen to transform into a deliciously smooth and creamy sauce when blended with water, similar to a nut milk.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic (about 3-4 cloves, depending on size)
- 5 cups chopped cauliflower florets* (about 1 medium-large head)
- 1 and 1/2 cups vegetable broth (I recommend Better Than Bouillon)
- 1/4 cup hulled hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (about 2 medium-size lemons)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon tamari (optional)
read the entire recipe in full detail at MakingThymeForHealth