Starting your day with cannabis-infused French toast seems just too good to be true. The ricotta and the jam combine to give this dish the right level of creamy, tangy sweetness.
Ingredients – Serves 2
- 4 slices of white bread
- 2 teaspoons canna-butter, melted
- ¼ cup ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup jam of your choice
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Confectioner’s sugar, for garnish (optional)
1. Brush 2 slices of the bread with the melted canna-butter. Layer the 2 slices with the ricotta cheese and then the jam. Top off each sandwich with a slice of bread.
2. In a wide, shallow bowl, beat the eggs and milk. Dip the sandwiches into the egg mixture.
3. In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. When the butter starts to foam, add the sandwiches. Cook until golden brown, about 3 to 4 minutes, and then turn and cook on the other side until golden brown.
4. Place on serving plates, cut in half, drizzle with any remaining jam, and sprinkle with confectioner’s sugar, if using.
Chef’s Note: For picture-perfect confectioner’s sugar sprinkling, use a small tea strainer or sifter. Feel free to vary the jam flavor as you like; apricot is always a good choice.