This is an easy breakfast that everyone adores. It looks like it was tons of trouble to make, but it’s a cinch. It’s really yummy with shredded Swiss cheese as well, and you can also substitute sautéed spinach for the bacon.
Ingredients – Serves 4
- 4 flour tortillas
- 4 teaspoons canna-butter, melted
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 strips of bacon, cooked and chopped
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- Salt and black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 340° F.
2. Press the flour tortillas into 4 cups in a standard-size muffin pan. Brush the inside of the tortilla cups with the canna-butter.
3. Divide 3/4 cup of the cheddar cheese among the tortilla cups. Top with the chopped bacon. Carefully break an egg into each tortilla cup. Top evenly with the remaining cheese. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper.
4. Bake until the eggs are set, about 10 minutes. Serve immediately.
Chef’s Note: If the tortillas seem brittle, heat them in the microwave for 10 seconds to soften them. To bring the eggs to room temperature, place them in a bowl of tepid water for 20 minutes.